How Inbound Call Routing Works
Modified on: Wed, 24 Nov, 2021 at 7:02 PM
Inbound calls can be forwarded to a cell phone but they cannot be answered in the desktop application. You can only make outbound calls from the app.
Inbound Call Routing is the process that happens if a prospect calls back the phone number from a text message or the phone call that they received from your CRM outbound number or a number they found on your website, funnel, etc. When a campaign sends out text messages or calls the outbound phone number is the phone number that you set up in the Settings → Phone.
Step 1: Company Phone.
- If you did not set up a specific Call Forwarding Number and the lead is not assigned to a specific user via a user assigned campaign the call will be forwarded to the Company Phone.
- To see which number is in Company Settings, go to Settings > Business Info > Company Data, update the phone number.
Step 2: If you did assign a Call Forwarding Number but the lead is not assigned to a specific user, the call will be forwarded to the set Call Forwarding Number.
- To update the Call Forwarding Number here’s what you need to do. Go to Settings > Phone Numbers > Edit > Enter the forwarding number > Update.
Step 3: User Phone.
If the lead is assigned to a user via a user assigned campaign the call will be forwarded to the User Phone.
- To update the User Phone here’s what you need to do, Go to Settings > My Staff > Team Management.
- Fill out the form including the phone number.
- Click Save to confirm your changes.
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.