How To Set Up Automated Calls And Voicemail Drops Within Your Campaigns And How They Work
Modified on: Wed, 24 Nov, 2021 at 7:04 PM
You can use the Call Event in a campaign to automatically have the system call the customer when that step is reached in the campaign. If the lead answers, it will connect to the assigned user’s phone. This is a very useful tool because you can get your lead and the assigned user on the phone together, just after the lead has opted-in is fresh.
Step 1: Create a New Campaign or Open an Existing Campaign
- Create a campaign or edit an existing campaign.
- Navigate to Campaigns > Create Campaign (or click into an existing one)
- Add a Call Event
- Follow the steps in the event.
- Save to confirm your changes.
- NOTE: If you haven’t set up a forwarding number or a company number, check out our article on inbound calls before continuing.
- NOTE: When a call event in a campaign successfully connects with the lead/customer, it will connect to the forwarding number (or if no forwarding number, the number that is set in Company Settings). As such, it is necessary to ensure that the phone number being utilized is connecting to the right person in your company (salesperson, front desk, etc.).
Step 2: Assigning or adding a user to a Campaign
- By assigning a user (or users) to the campaign, you ensure that when a lead is entered into a campaign the call event comes from the assigned user.
- NOTE:If the User has a specific phone number assigned in their User Settings, this number will override the set forwarding number or the Company number indicated in the Company Settings.
Step 3: Combining your Call Event with A Voicemail Event
- Add a Voicemail Event after the Call Event. If you use a Voicemail Event after a call, the lead/customer will receive the pre-recorded voicemail in the event that they do not answer.
- After the event is created, upload an MP3 or .wav File to the Voicemail Event.
- Ensure that the wait time for the VM Event is set to 0 minutes (or hours or days) wait time to ensure the voicemail goes through after the call.
Step 4: Call Time Out
- The Call timeout option will limit the number of seconds that will be ringing the lead. By default, if you leave that blank it will automatically ring the lead for 30 secs.
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.